Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my turbotax automatically get uploaded to my cra account? How long does that usually take?

4 Replies

Does my turbotax automatically get uploaded to my cra account? How long does that usually take?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax Community.

Once you finish and submit your tax documents through Netfile on TurboTax, your tax file will immediately be sent to the CRA. It will takes 2 weeks to be refunded if you file online (direct deposit) or 8 weeks if you file a paper return.  

For more details information, you can verify it through CRA website about When to expect your refund.

Worked well for me. Thank you

mcally

Are my uploads/files or documents automatically sent to the CRA?

Moussi2

Yes, once you completed your income tax return with TurboTax and NetFile, your information goes automatically to CRA. Your information should appear in your CRA My Account within 24 hours. 

What type of documents/files or uploads are you referring to ?

T-slips are generally uploaded in your CRA My Account by your employers, and any receipts or supporting documents used to complete your income tax return should be kept for 6 years in case of an audit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.