Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have done but no filed 2018. Would like to redo and use the import data from cra feature. How do I create a parallel return or erase my old one

1 Reply

Have done but no filed 2018. Would like to redo and use the import data from cra feature. How do I create a parallel return or erase my old one

To create a new return in TurboTax CD/Download, you can just click on the “Start New Return” button on the welcome page or choose New from under File in the top right corner. You can have different versions of a return for the same person, just make sure that when you save for the first time, you use File>Save As and give it a different name than the other files there. Ex: Jon_No_Expenses.tt18, Jon_with_Expenses.tt18, etc…

To delete a return in TurboTax CD/Download, you would have to navigate to where the files are on your PC and the delete them from there. By default, TurboTax keeps files in a folder in your Documents folder, ex: C:\Users\name\Documents\TurboTax\2018. You can also search your computer for .tt18 files, and also for the .ttbk backup files.