Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. I forgot to add one of my tuition receipts to the return. I was able to add it to CRA but I'm struggling to add it to Revenue Quebec. Can you help?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi. I forgot to add one of my tuition receipts to the return. I was able to add it to CRA but I'm struggling to add it to Revenue Quebec. Can you help?

Yes you are correct.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

As per Revenu Quebec: CORRECTING AN ERROR OR OMISSION

To make changes to an income tax return that has already been filed, do not file a new return. Instead, do one of the following:

• Use the online service in My Account for individuals (see "Using My Account to make changes to an income tax return" below).
  • Complete form TP-1.R-V, Request for an Adjustment to an Income Tax Return, and mail it to us, together with the documents justifying your request.

From my understanding I can only change the following using the online service: 

• Line 101 – Employment income
  • Line 128 – Taxable amount of dividends from taxable Canadian corporations
  • Line 130 – Interest and other investment income
  • Line 139 – Taxable capital gains (line 22 of Schedule G)
  • Line 154 – Other income
  • Line 214 – RRSP or PRPP/VRSP deduction
  • Line 246 – Deduction for a repayment of amounts overpaid to you
  • Line 250 – Other deductions (points 03 and 04 only)
  • Line 295 – Deductions for certain income
  • Line 361 – Age amount, amount for a person living alone and amount for retirement income
  • Line 376 – Amount for a severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions
  • Line 381 – Medical expenses
  • Line 395 – Tax credits for donations and gifts
  • Line 424 – Tax credit for a labour-sponsored fund
  • Line 447 – Premium payable under the Québec prescription drug insurance plan
  • Line 462 – Other credits (refundable tax credit for medical expenses [point 01] only)

From my own research tax credit for tuition or examination fees is line 398 which is not on the list. So my only option is filing TP-1.R-V form?

Thank you in advance!

Yes you are correct.