Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omarhawas

Hi, I submitted my tax information on March 28th and still haven't received anything from the CRA. Can you please let me know how long I should wait?

And can you confirm if I will be receiving a cheque in the mail? I do not have direct deposit setup with the CRA. Thanks!
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I submitted my tax information on March 28th and still haven't received anything from the CRA. Can you please let me know how long I should wait?

It can take as little as 8 business days for you income tax return to be processed when you NETFILE.  However, the Canada Revenue Agency requests that you wait at least 4 weeks before contacting them as it can sometimes take longer to process your income tax return.

If you do not have direct deposit set up with Canada Revenue Agency, you will receive your refund by cheque if you are entitled to a refund.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It can take as little as 8 business days for you income tax return to be processed when you NETFILE.  However, the Canada Revenue Agency requests that you wait at least 4 weeks before contacting them as it can sometimes take longer to process your income tax return.

If you do not have direct deposit set up with Canada Revenue Agency, you will receive your refund by cheque if you are entitled to a refund.