Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceeds89

Hi there, I have just filed a tax return through your software and I am wondering how it will be deposited into my bank account as there was no option to provide details?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, I have just filed a tax return through your software and I am wondering how it will be deposited into my bank account as there was no option to provide details?

Luckily, you have a couple of options.

First, CRA isn't currently accepting tax returns. The agency is shut down to prepare for its launch on February 18. So, you actually haven't filed your return yet.

Second, if you'd like to set up direct deposit and you're CRA My Account holder, you can load your information when the My Account feature reopens (also February 18). It can take a couple of days for the information to be processed through CRA's system so it's a good idea to wait a few days before filing your return to make sure the direct deposit details have been applied.

If you are not a CRA My Account holder and file your return using NETFILE without any direct deposit information on file with CRA, you'll be issued a cheque. The processing time will still only be about 2 weeks in total.

If you are not a CRA My Account holder and want to set up your direct deposit details, you have the option of printing your return and submitting it by mail. CRA takes on average 8-10 weeks to process paper returns received by mail.

So, bottom line, if you're in a hurry for your refund, you're better off submitting your return via NETFILE next Monday and receiving a cheque. That's the quickest turnaround time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Luckily, you have a couple of options.

First, CRA isn't currently accepting tax returns. The agency is shut down to prepare for its launch on February 18. So, you actually haven't filed your return yet.

Second, if you'd like to set up direct deposit and you're CRA My Account holder, you can load your information when the My Account feature reopens (also February 18). It can take a couple of days for the information to be processed through CRA's system so it's a good idea to wait a few days before filing your return to make sure the direct deposit details have been applied.

If you are not a CRA My Account holder and file your return using NETFILE without any direct deposit information on file with CRA, you'll be issued a cheque. The processing time will still only be about 2 weeks in total.

If you are not a CRA My Account holder and want to set up your direct deposit details, you have the option of printing your return and submitting it by mail. CRA takes on average 8-10 weeks to process paper returns received by mail.

So, bottom line, if you're in a hurry for your refund, you're better off submitting your return via NETFILE next Monday and receiving a cheque. That's the quickest turnaround time.