Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I correct an error 95105

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do you have information on your tax return concerning a spouse or common-law partner.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I'm getting the same error when trying to Netfile. I'm entering as divorced in 2018 but the software retains a section asking for this information. When trying to Netfile it claims CRA will not accept it. Help would be great

We should go to CRA to change our profile first. I did change to divorced then did tax return via Netflix. It works. Good luck

Called CRA, confirmed status is correct, confirmed that the statuses are the same. Still getting the same error when trying a newly created return. Turbotax also had limited support without paying for highest cost package.

I encountered the same issue. Called CRA a few times. Finally printed my returrn and mailed it in. Not ideal but got it done.

Do you have information on your tax return concerning a spouse or common-law partner.

I separated in Nov 2018 stated my marital status as separated. the software wants my spouses name sin income etc but then says I dont need it. Then it wont let me delete it. Please assist?
pcwsmith

I am getting this same error.

and the so-called best answer at the top of this thread does not help anything - I am unable to remove my spouse's info, the system won't let me. It seems that the Tubotax system needs to correct something so that separated folks can actually netfile.

Kinda disappointing to see that this issue has been around for a while.

I second the disappointment.  CRA said that, unequivocally, when a couple is separated for more than 90 days at a different address, they should handle taxes just as they would divorced.  There should be ZERO asking for information between separated/divorced couples.  The emotional strain is real and there are scenario's where this interaction could not just take an emotional toll, but even be dangerous for victims of domestic abuse.  This needs to be fixed.  CRA said this is unacceptable.

@lucyfrancesca Separation is treated the same as a divorce. If you have divorced or separated during the tax year, then you still need to provide your ex-spouse's information on your tax return, as you were still married for part of the year.

You can look on your previous tax returns for your ex's SIN number. If you don't know their income, then you can either put an estimate, or enter zero. Either way, say no to the spousal amount.

If you were divorced or separated BEFORE the tax year, then go back to the Marital Status page and make sure you have answered NO to the question "Did you get divorced/separated in 2023?".