Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access my 2022 tax filing if i want to make changes/updates. I just recently finished it before doing the 2023 year.

I'm using Untuit turbotax the free version
3 Replies

How do I access my 2022 tax filing if i want to make changes/updates. I just recently finished it before doing the 2023 year.

Did you file your 2022 tax return? If yes, you can't make changes now until you get your notice of assessment. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

I cannot Netfile so I printed a copy and have to mail it in so no, I have not mailed it yet & want to make changes before that.  And the reason for the change is after printing it out I see on the T1-2022 page that it is claiming a canada caregiver amount for spouse of $7525 when I didn't even claim that because my income is less than the basic personal amount of $14,398 so that caregiver amount doesn't do anything to help me.  I don't want to confuse the government with that when I'm not claiming it,  or making it look like I'm lying or something, especially when I didn't claim it on  my 2023 taxes.  

Once you have certified that the information was correct before you printed your return to mail, changes can no longer be made unless you wait to Refile after you receive the Notice of Assessment.

Since you did not send it in yet, you can restart a new return and make your changes instead of sending in this already printed return. Make sure to delete it once you are done so there will be no confusion with the saved return later.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.