Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I claim a disability benefit clawback? I recieved a letter from my insurance stating I could reduce line 229 by the amount of the clawback, but I don't know how.

I returned an overpayment for disability on a claim prior to 2018 last year.

My insurance company sent me a letter stating my taxable income (line 229) can be reduced by a significant sum. How do I enter this value into turbotax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I claim a disability benefit clawback? I recieved a letter from my insurance stating I could reduce line 229 by the amount of the clawback, but I don't know how.

The only way to make an entry on Line 229 while using TurboTax Online is through the "Employment Expense" section.

If you click on the Find Icon > Type in Employment > Highlight Employment Expenses > click Go.

Check the box beside "Incurred expenses for the purpose of earning employment income" and Continue.

Check the box beside "Other Employment Expenses" and Continue.

Make your entry in the box "Other Expenses".

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The only way to make an entry on Line 229 while using TurboTax Online is through the "Employment Expense" section.

If you click on the Find Icon > Type in Employment > Highlight Employment Expenses > click Go.

Check the box beside "Incurred expenses for the purpose of earning employment income" and Continue.

Check the box beside "Other Employment Expenses" and Continue.

Make your entry in the box "Other Expenses".