Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puds1970

How do I delete a different version of my tax return? I started preparing an individual submission, then switched to a joint one with my spouse but forgot to delete first

Have filed joint return with spouse, but shifted some deductions. I want to delete the individual draft to avoid confusion and delay.
2 Replies

How do I delete a different version of my tax return? I started preparing an individual submission, then switched to a joint one with my spouse but forgot to delete first

Hello,

Are you using TurboTax Online? If so, after you login, you will see a list of all tax returns you have created. You should see a garbage can icon next to the Continue button. You can click on that to delete the return you don't want.

If you don't see the garbage can icon next to the Continue button, that means the return you want to delete is the active return being used. You would then need to open any of the other returns in your list(click on Continue), then click on My Returns on the left hand and then click on View all tax returns. That will take you to the list of all your tax returns and you should now see the garbage can next to the Continue button.

puds1970

Hi Natalie,

Your answer solved my problem very nicely. Thank you very much!

Michael