Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting a review error that the program will not allow me to fix. Fix states that I have not confirmed the cohabitation status at Dec 31. But I have.

When I tick the yes box an error message pops up stating I need to double click to edit green texts boxes.  
If I click ok the system put me back to the  review errors page.
3 Replies

I am getting a review error that the program will not allow me to fix. Fix states that I have not confirmed the cohabitation status at Dec 31. But I have.

Please go to "EasySteps" then to Contact Info- Then you will see the question- You indicated that you were married or common-law on December 31, 2022. In 2022, did you live apart? Yes  No.  Then you can return to "FORMS" mode.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mnoble62

I have entered that I am married and the my wife and I live together.  Prior to Net filing, I get the the fix error asking that I confirm if my wife and I cohabit.  When answered correctly (Yes), the refund I am to receive is reduced significantly; Is this correct.

Yes, you would get less if you are living together, Please check the summary of your numbers to see which numbers go down.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.