Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linmic

I have a minimum tax credit on 2022 NOA that I can use for up to seven years from Alternative Minimum Tax. Where do I enter this information in TurboTax?

4 Replies

I have a minimum tax credit on 2022 NOA that I can use for up to seven years from Alternative Minimum Tax. Where do I enter this information in TurboTax?

When in your tax return on the top right click on "Find" type in "Alternative Minimum Tax" click on it then click on Go- you will then be asked if you would like to review the AMT tax section and you will click on "Yes". You will then see that there will be 5 pages in which you can view and enter an amount in the correct section that you are wanting. Always make sure to click on continue as to save what was entered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

MarkC2

I also have a Minimum Tax Credit according to my 2022 CRA return summary and I went thru the applicable online page reviews suggested and there was no section that allowed for previous year tax credits to be entered.

Any advise as to how the Minimum Tax Credit from 2022 can be entered into the system for my 2023 return?  I used turbo tax in previous years filings as well.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

LR6680

Neither answer from the two moderators appear to directly address the question.

The most straight forward way o apply your AMT from a previous year is:

In Forms mode

1) bring up the Form T691

2) scroll down to Part 8 (which is on page 8 of 9)

3) input the amount for the applicable year