Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d_k_g1

I just filed my tax return and received an email from NSLSC saying to put certain dollar amounts in certain boxes as they pertain to bursaries, etc. What can I do?

My return is already filed and Turbotax didn't tell me I needed to include this information. This is why I hate using this app
1 Reply

I just filed my tax return and received an email from NSLSC saying to put certain dollar amounts in certain boxes as they pertain to bursaries, etc. What can I do?

TurboTax cannot tell what tax slips you have been issued. It is up to you as a taxpayer to ensure you are filing a complete return and take the necessary steps to obtain all your tax information. Even if you use the CRA AutoFill service to "import" your tax information, these slips may not have been in the system when you filed your tax return.

Anytime you receive any type of income, you must wait until you receive all your tax slips or have made an effort to obtain any that you may not have received when filing that tax return. CRA considers you to have filed an "incomplete" return if you know you have tax slips still coming.

If you have already received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) and CRA did not include this slip on your tax return for you, you'll need to make an adjustment to your tax return (or Refile). 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3639538