Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abou

I missed a filing T3 form (< $50), submitted my return last Sunday. Receiving refund next Monday. I am trying to add a new T3 on the website now, but fields are disabled.

From reading online, it seems my options are "Change My Return" from CRA website or submit by mail an adjustment.
I have boxes: 21(capital gain), 26(other income) and 42(Return of Capital). In the "Change My Return", I can find only the first 2 corresponding boxes:
Capital gains:
  127-Taxable Capital Gain
  176-Information slip - Capital gains (or losses) from all your T3 slips
  254-Capital gains deduction
Other Income:
  130 - Other income.

A couple of questions:
1. After changing these lines online on CRA website, I don't need to change the calculation of the final refund balance. They will do this, right? Or I need to go from my source data all the way to the assessment end result like what turbo tax does - but manually?
2. Box 42 - return on capital is used to adjust cost when I sell the stocks, I don't need to report this to CRA, no?

Thanks a lot!
1 Reply

I missed a filing T3 form (< $50), submitted my return last Sunday. Receiving refund next Monday. I am trying to add a new T3 on the website now, but fields are disabled.

If you have already NETFILED your income tax return, you will need to file an adjustment request to make the necessary corrections.  Please use the following FAQ for instructions:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647992