Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveyroyd

I need to remove an amount from my return. How do I edit? I have not net-filed yet and have tried all the search and find recommendations.

8 Replies

I need to remove an amount from my return. How do I edit? I have not net-filed yet and have tried all the search and find recommendations.

What exactly are you trying to remove? Was it an amount imported with CRA Autofill or carried forward from a previous year?
daveyroyd

An amount I entered but then found it was not allowed.
daveyroyd

I am not able to go back to change it. Why isn’t there an edit option at the end.

We'll need to know what exactly the amount was for and then we can guide you to the correct section :smile:  :smile:
daveyroyd

150. under Carrying charges, support and other Line 221 or 232
daveyroyd

That's $150.00 should not be applied. Thanks
daveyroyd

Thank you. It's all cleared.

If you are trying to remove an amount from Line 221 of your tax return;

• Click on Find (little magnifying glass upper right), type in "Investment", highlight "Investment Expenses", and click "Go". 
    • Be sure there is a checkmark next to Investment management and advice (includes carrying charges), and continue to the page titled Carrying Charges, and remove any incorrect entries from there.

If you are trying to remove an amount from Line 232 of your tax return;

• Click on Find (little magnifying glass upper right), type in "Misc", highlight "Miscellaneous Deductions", and click "Go".
    • On the page titled Other Deductions, remove any incorrect entries from there.