Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
h&mhill

I need to send an amended tax return as I received amended T3 and amended T5008 forms today. What do I need to do to send in a modified tax return for my wife and I?

1 Reply

I need to send an amended tax return as I received amended T3 and amended T5008 forms today. What do I need to do to send in a modified tax return for my wife and I?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

The CRA has two ways for you to file an adjustment request – either online or by mail. 

Online Changes

If you’re a CRA My Account holder, changes to your return can be submitted online via the portal. After signing into your account, click the “Change return” option from the left side. You’ll choose the tax year you want to adjust and enter line numbers and figures to correct or add information. Online adjustments process in about two weeks. Once your adjustment request has been processed, you’ll receive a Notice of Reassessment which outlines approved changes. If your adjustment request is not approved, you’ll receive a letter of explanation from CRA.

As soon as you submit an adjustment request online, you can’t submit another until the first one has been finalized. If you have more than one adjustment to make, try to have all of your information ready at once and do it all in one shot. You are allowed to make multiple adjustments all on one request.

Some changes can’t be done online. Check out CRA’s How to change your return webpage for details.

Changes by Mail

If you prefer to submit your adjustment request by paper, fill out a Form T1ADJ – T1 Adjustment Request and mail it to your local tax center. Along with the completed form, you’ll also need to include any supporting documents (receipts, slips, etc.).

The TurboTax FAQ will help you to ReFile or amend the return directly from your tax return.

If you need any further assistance, our experts are here to help.