Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I submitted my return , but then I forgot that, my spouse actually had a foreign income of about $1600 CAD, that I totally forgot to report. What to do now?

Her income was 0 in 2021 as she's housewife so I thought her return was super straightforward, until she reminded me she actually had a foreign income in 2021 Jan which I totally forgot.  I already got an email saying the notice of assessment seems to be ready , so what should I do now?
3 Replies

I submitted my return , but then I forgot that, my spouse actually had a foreign income of about $1600 CAD, that I totally forgot to report. What to do now?

Fortunately, if you’ve made an error on your tax return and need to amend it, don’t worry, there are a few ways to do so that you’ll find quite simple.

First and foremost, if you need to amend your tax return, do not file another return for that year.

You must wait to receive your Notice of Assessment before making any changes to your tax return

There are three ways to make amendments to your tax return: through CRA My Account, ReFile using your tax solution, or by mail.

For more information read TurboTax article: How Can I Amend My Tax Return? 

Instructions on by TurboTax FAQ : I've filed my tax return. Can I still make changes? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks for the prompt rely!  I noticed that CRA put a "express notice of assessment" to my wife inbox, so does that count as NOA for the refile?

Yes, the express notice of assessment can count as an NOA if it says that the return has been assessed.