Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change auto-filled info in the T5008 area in order to share with my spouse?

I auto-filled T5008 from CRA, thinking I could split with my spouse at a later time and I had to delete double entries from Schedule 3. Now the info seems locked into my T5008 area and all I get is s Bell sound when I try to make changes to the t5008 area.  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I change auto-filled info in the T5008 area in order to share with my spouse?

Instead of trying to delete the T5008 from the Schedule 3, click on "tslips" at the bottom of the page in the forms method.

Down the left column, click on T5008. You should be able to edit your entries from here. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Are you using the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

I used the CD edition.

Instead of trying to delete the T5008 from the Schedule 3, click on "tslips" at the bottom of the page in the forms method.

Down the left column, click on T5008. You should be able to edit your entries from here. 

Thank you.  This seems to work and it helps.  Further to this, i
s there no way to say "Split these amounts 50% with my wife," so I don't have to do all the individual amounts?

No, you would have to manually enter half the amounts.
john73

but on the slips there is, near the top, an allocation space - at least on some slips - so one can note that one's interest in the number is 50%.

The auto-filll has so many problems - even for the 2018 year - that it is probably not worth doing, though impressive in theory...