Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It said I had to mail in my taxes if not already signed up for direct deposit. I provided my bank info on my form - can i submit online or HAVE to mail it?

3 Replies

It said I had to mail in my taxes if not already signed up for direct deposit. I provided my bank info on my form - can i submit online or HAVE to mail it?

Is the only reason you're mailing your tax return so you can set up direct deposit? If so, please reconsider.

You can set up direct deposit online in your CRA My Account in just a few minutes. There are also some other quicker methods that on the form by mail: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/direct-deposit.html

If you set up your direct deposit before you file, you'll be able to use NETFILE and get your tax refund much faster.

Hi Tara, Yes, that is literally the only reason i need to mail in my taxes. I have tried to set up my direct deposit in the CRA My Account, but i have to call a number for a security code, and i keep getting the 'all operators are busy and the queue is full. And that seems to be the only way to get that security code to finish everything else (given that I have clearly left everything to the last minute)

Yes, we're getting close to the wire! Heading into you bank to do it might be an option?

At worst, if you submit your return to NETFILE without setting up direct deposit, the CRA will simply mail your cheque the mailing address you entered in your return.

Good luck!