Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just net-filed my daughter's 2015 tax return, and after, noted that your program didn't include my 11-year-old grandson as a dependent. Glitch in program?

When I tried to override the program, it wouldn't let me, and yet I had put my grandson in where child dependents go.  Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong.  Hopefully CRA will find the error.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just net-filed my daughter's 2015 tax return, and after, noted that your program didn't include my 11-year-old grandson as a dependent. Glitch in program?

The child credit no longer exists.  CRA removed it this year and increased the Universal Child Care Benefit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The child credit no longer exists.  CRA removed it this year and increased the Universal Child Care Benefit.

Ok, but the program still has the line in for adding dependents and a deduction of $2093 per child (lines 352 and 367).  That is why I thought I was doing something wrong.

Intuit may have been caught flat-footed on that one as some last minute tax changes went through parliament and other expected ones did not.