Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change spouse's SIN but I've already filed my return.

I accidentally entered my spouse's old SIN then completed both of our taxes. I filed mine but was having trouble filing his. Once I realized it was due to the incorrect SIN I tried to change it but I believe the fact that mine is already filed means that I cannot make any changes. 

Will I have to wait for my assessment then do a refile? Or is there a way to update the info and resend my return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Has your spouse's return already been Netfiled? If not, it may be wise to print and mail it so you can do a correction on the SIN on the paper. If it did go through, you may need to call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to make the correction at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Has your spouse's return already been Netfiled? If not, it may be wise to print and mail it so you can do a correction on the SIN on the paper. If it did go through, you may need to call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to make the correction at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for your response. I will print my spouse's return and make the correction on paper. Will I still need to do an adjustment on my return since it has his incorrect SIN on it as well?

Thank you for the update. If your spouse's return has already been filed, please call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) before sending any return in. Call their enquiry line at 1-800-959-8281.