Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leo_43

Next Steps After Mailing T1 General - Condensed 2023 ( federal return) to CRA

Hello everyone, thank you so much for taking the time to read my message. I have a question about my filing tax return for 2023. 

I have a valid social insurance number, and I've worked legally in Canada. This is the first time I've filled out a tax return in Canada, and I do not have a CRA account yet, so I think probably because of that the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) was unable to accept my NETFILE tax return, and it is CRA Result code 30, I guess. Therefore, I printed T1 General - Condensed 2023 (my federal return for printing), plus my T4 slip, and mailed them to CRA two days ago. 

Therefore, I have some questions about my case: 

1. What am I going to do next after mailing my federal return to CRA? 

2. How long does it take to process my tax return after they receive my document?

3. Will I be able to register a CRA account after they process and save my information?

Thank you so much and I hope you guys would have a great day. 

1 Reply

Next Steps After Mailing T1 General - Condensed 2023 ( federal return) to CRA

Right now you just have to wait for the CRA to get your return and process it. It will take about 8 weeks for them to process your return and mail you a Notice Of Assessment. That's if you are here in Canada, it will be about 16 weeks if you are outside the country. Once you have your Notice Of Assessment, you can start the process of getting a CRA My Account login.