Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of the companies I invest in sent me an updated T5013 form after my taxes had been submitted. How do I update at CRA - I don't know the name of fields where data flo

I have to update the amounts submitted to CRA via T5013 boxes 194, 200 and 210.  I can not figure out the description of the fields where this data would flow in the CRA return update tool.  Please help

6 Replies

One of the companies I invest in sent me an updated T5013 form after my taxes had been submitted. How do I update at CRA - I don't know the name of fields where data flo

You'll need to file an adjustment for those previous years. Here's more information on how to file an amendment: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190138-i-have-filed-my-tax-return-can-i-still-make-c...

However, you will need to wait for your Notice of Assessment before filing the amendment.

Are you saying even though it will accept updates, I will need to get the "Notice of Assessment" document in order to figure out the name of the fields that need to change?

Hi Gerald, I understand you have already filed your returned, is this correct? If so, it is a CRA requirement that you receive the NOA prior to submitting an amendment: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/change...

Please let me know if I misunderstood the situation.

They have completed the assessment and the CRA Change my return tool is active even though I will not have the NOA till May 8th.  I just don't know what fields to search for to change

Form ON479 specifically box 6266 will need to be adjusted.