Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing my and my spouse's return together. Won't let me change from No to Yes in personal info section.

In the personal information section it asks if I want to prepare my own and my wife's return together. It has 'No' listed as the answer. I want to change to yes but there is no way to edit that field to change it.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Preparing my and my spouse's return together. Won't let me change from No to Yes in personal info section.

Have you moved past this page and then come back?

Because of the complexity of the tax calculations that occur in the background, once you've entered your choice to prepare together or separately and then moved to the next section, the choice can't be changed.

To prepare your return together with your spouse, please start a new return. In TurboTax Online, you can do this from Return Manager, the first page you land on when you sign in to TurboTax, or by selecting Tools from the menu in the top-right and then choosing Return Manager, if you're inside your return.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647707

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Have you moved past this page and then come back?

Because of the complexity of the tax calculations that occur in the background, once you've entered your choice to prepare together or separately and then moved to the next section, the choice can't be changed.

To prepare your return together with your spouse, please start a new return. In TurboTax Online, you can do this from Return Manager, the first page you land on when you sign in to TurboTax, or by selecting Tools from the menu in the top-right and then choosing Return Manager, if you're inside your return.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647707