Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I submit an amendment using the T2 turbotax software for corporations?

I need to resubmit schedule 8 only required by CRA, but when changing the fields in the software and resubmitting the file, CRA declines it and returns with: CRA cannot process the return transmitted for this tax year since they have already received this return. If you are submitting an amended return you must indicate this in your software.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, Thank you for using the TurboTax AnswerXchange

TurboTax Business Inc provides the required form to file an amended T2 corporate return.

The process involves making the corrections to the return as required. So if schedule 8 needed changes those changes should be completed.

The amendment process involves sending the whole return again, including any forms with changes. There is a T2 Adjustment Worksheet that needs to be completed before filing the amended return. Completion of this form alerts the Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) that this is an amended filing and briefly explains the changes made. See attached amend.PNG for the required fields to be completed.

Once the T2 adjustment worksheet is completed, you should be able to file the return as  CRA will now know this is not the original filing but an adjustment.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi, Thank you for using the TurboTax AnswerXchange

TurboTax Business Inc provides the required form to file an amended T2 corporate return.

The process involves making the corrections to the return as required. So if schedule 8 needed changes those changes should be completed.

The amendment process involves sending the whole return again, including any forms with changes. There is a T2 Adjustment Worksheet that needs to be completed before filing the amended return. Completion of this form alerts the Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) that this is an amended filing and briefly explains the changes made. See attached amend.PNG for the required fields to be completed.

Once the T2 adjustment worksheet is completed, you should be able to file the return as  CRA will now know this is not the original filing but an adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that cleared it up from TurboTax's end. CRA had also expected a filing number, so I had called them to obtain it and everything was  smoothly submitted after that!

Great . Glad you got that filed! Sounds like you needed the web access code (WAC) from CRA

Thanks for the update!

Infodine
Returning Member

Hello,

I've searched the forms and can't seem to find this t2 Adjustment worksheet you mentioned.

Can you point me to it?  I need to file an adjusted T2 with TurboTax Inc.

Thanks.

Infodine
Returning Member