Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pweiner36

Quebec netfile An invalid first name is the most common Netfile error! Make sure it matches your latest Notice of Assessment (NOA) and don't add words like Estate, etc.

TurboTax standard 2019, tried on 3 different returns on 2 computers, same error.  I spoke to support, they told to call Revenue Quebec, but this error happens before it connects to Revenue Quebec.  Did not have this error before last update.
12 Replies
sandcover
Returning Member

Quebec netfile An invalid first name is the most common Netfile error! Make sure it matches your latest Notice of Assessment (NOA) and don't add words like Estate, etc.

Does anyone else have this error message?  How can I fix it?

pweiner36

When I got that note, ignore it and continue, it will net file Quebec properly.

sandcover
Returning Member

Thank You I will try that

sandcover
Returning Member

I tried to by pass that error several times with 2 different returns and it still doesn't work.

I have the same problem.  I think it's related to the use of your initial.  My notice of assessment for last year uses Name Initial LastName.  When Turbo Tax tries to net file I don't see the middle initial.  Not sure what do do or who to call.

Glenn 

sandcover
Returning Member

Hi Glenn

thanks for your response. I’m not using an initial and no initial at revenue Quebec either. I called Revenu Quebec and everything is fine with them.  There’s something wrong with the software program 

I just spend 80 minutes on the phone with tech support!  Although the rep was very friendly, he couldn't solve the problem.

sandcover
Returning Member

Same here What did you do finally

Nothing yet!  I’m waiting for a call back from TT.