turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is SBTPG holding refunds?

In response to your February 24th post, what was the investigation findings into Sbtgs reason for holding up the 2021 tax return refund?

Odogg148

Im givin SBTPG 5 stars i read so many bad reviews on this company that i paniced before my time and they handled my refund swiftly and perfect thanx SBTPG AND TURBOTAX  see yall next year 😎

Your bank account wasnt closed though before the refund was deposited literally my bank was closed cause of a incorrect password attempt and i lost 3300 dollars🤦🏽‍♂️

In getting really 😡 this is the second time they are trying to say they mailed my check.  I have informed delivery at both my addresses.  It's never come. 

Going forward, you can avoid all this (and save the extra charge) by paying your TT fees upfront with a debit or credit card.  Better yet, change your withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.  Why give the government an interest free loan all year?

I been waiting now for 4 months they want send me my money I was paid by the irs on April 13-2022 

They have had my refund since 1:19 am on June 22nd! I have contacted the irs and that date and time is correct! No money in my account as of now! No wonder there is a class action suit filed! Fix this! Total negligence on all of your part!

Could someone please send the information on the class action suit?  The IRS sent my refund to Green Dot bank on 31 March 2022 and I have still not received my refund.  I cannot get through to Santa Barbara Tax Group because, when asked to input my SSN and tax filing status my information is not recognized, and thus I cannot get through to speak with a person at Santa Barbara.

Hi tandberg1011

in the interim of the class action lawsuit you can file irs form 3911 for a refund replacement. Google the form and follow the filing instructions. It’s not a complicated process at all. Take care and I wish you well!

@Jutell45 Thanks for this much needed info! I’m over here losing it behind these frauds! 🥺

@Shayboog you’re welcome. So, for those of you who’s refund got lost between the irs and greendot bank should file form 3911 for a refund replacement. When you file this form the irs will initiate a refund  trace, cancel the refund  if it was never received, and issue a new one based on where you want it sent. You can get this form by Googling it.  Fill out sections 1, 2 and 3 and then sign it. The form isn’t complicated at all. It can all be done by using your smart phone, from filling out the form to faxing to the irs. Here is what you can do: 1) get the form 3911; 2) go to your App Store download a free fax app with editing and signature creation 

capabilities, fill out the form; and, 3) fax it to the irs at [phone number removed]).  It’s that simple. Be well!

They have been holding federal tax return for over 3 months and they do not answer my phone calls. I don't know what to do. I need help.

mablini
Returning Member

Happy to find this thread. I’m STILL being jerked around for my *2020* refund… yep, over a year now running in circles trying to contact the IRS (initiated a trace in Dec 2021 and haven’t heard a thing since, and obviously can’t get through). Hours on hold with TPG. Multiple unanswered service requests sent. What is the class action suit? Sign me up. Thousands of dollars stuck in limbo at this bank. It’s criminal. 

Oj7
Returning Member

I was told by tax product group that the do have my money and they did take the fees out but now it’s a system error so they can’t print me out a check I supposed to got my refund 6/29/2022 but was sent back by my bank after funds was rejected I been waiting weeks and Dey still failed to issue me a check lying for no reason most definitely reached out to my lawyer meeting with him this afternoon as of today 07/15/2022

@Oj7 They’re gonna tell you whatever they can to try and persuade you into thinking it’s the bank, system error, lost (Although it was never mailed or deposited, etc..) you can waste your time waiting or consult with a federal agency or attorney because ultimately that’s gonna be your only option, unless you don’t mind waiting possibly a year. I’ve been waiting for my refund since 2/24/22 I finally gave up and contacted the federal reserve. Enough is enough! Good luck tho! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies