Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GT43353

Refile T1

Hi

I am refiling a friend's taxes.  He had the 2022 taxes filed by an accountant but had some additional receipts etc after the filing so he needs to refile.  He doesn't want to go back to the accountant so I am helping him.  I tried to re-efile the return but I got an error message:

"Your federal return was not accepted by the CRA

Message from CRA

The Canada Revenue Agency's records indicate that your 2022 tax return was already received.  If you have not previously filed, please contact us."

Is someone able to give me step by step instructions on how to file the amended return?

Thank you

1 Reply

Refile T1

You can't ReFile using TurboTax if you never completed your original tax return with TurboTax. Therefore you would sign into your CRA "My Account" and be able to make changes from there.  

Sign in to your CRA My Account and click where it says “Change my return”. After selecting the tax year and line that needs to be changed, you can input the correct information to submit your changes.

TIP: Once you submit an adjustment request online, you can’t submit another one until the first one has been finalized. You’re allowed to make multiple adjustments all on one request, so try to have all your information ready.

Restrictions: You can only use CRA My Account to submit certain types of changes to your tax return. For more details, visit the conditions and exclusions for using Change my return on the CRA website. 

3. Mail

To make changes to your tax return by mail, you’ll have to complete a T1 Adjustment Request and send it with all supporting documents for the change to your local tax centre

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.