Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Tell us about your dependents" request my underage son's income, how do you continue if your underage dependent is not filing a tax return, mark income to zero?

4 Replies

"Tell us about your dependents" request my underage son's income, how do you continue if your underage dependent is not filing a tax return, mark income to zero?

Yes. If your dependant's income is zero, enter 0.

My son did earn income but is not filing a return

Then enter an estimate.

If your dependant has income, they should consider filing a return. If they didn't make much money, they're likely due a tax refund. Also, filing a return will allow the filer to start building RRSP room.

Our TurboTax Free edition is a great option for people with simple returns.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647644