Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gym4jim
Returning Member

TT Dowbload 2018, updated, Rental Property Tax entry

Please I am worn out going round and round. It's bad enuf 2019 TT can't, and I can't, and Turbo Tax support can't find my .tax2018 file. It is the first file in my life that has just, plain, gone missing. So, I oore-did my 2018 tax but can not find where I put in the property tax for my condo rental unit. In 2018 this was not an issue. My return is all correct and ready to the save, then amend, as I left out a large capital expense, before importing it to 2019 which is raring to go...as TIC TOK get louder and louder.

Any pointers would be welcome and totally appreciated. 

Thanks, J

PS. A 1098, which is the only thing that looks like you would put it in, i do not need as Turbo Tax didn't ask me, and I am not carrying a mortage.

1 Reply

TT Dowbload 2018, updated, Rental Property Tax entry

If you are using TurboTax Online or on the download in easy steps- go to the top right of your return and click on "Find" type in "Rental Properties" then GO- you will the be at the page which says "Real Estate Rentals Statement" If you scroll down the page under expenses you will see "Property taxes" enter the amount there and continue.