Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morestes2
Returning Member

TurboTax 2018 doesn't claim the caregiver amount for infirm dependant under 18 on the spouse with the higher income. Is there any error with the calc of this tax credit?

4 Replies
morestes2
Returning Member

TurboTax 2018 doesn't claim the caregiver amount for infirm dependant under 18 on the spouse with the higher income. Is there any error with the calc of this tax credit?

Can anyone from TurboTax team help me please?
morestes2
Returning Member

This issue persists and I know there are other TurboTax users with the same issue. Could someone from TurboTax help with this please? Thanks
morestes2
Returning Member

I'll be more specific. The software claim the infirm dependant under 18 (Line 367) under the person with lower income (zero) rather that the higher income, resulting in no money in tax credit/

If you are still experiencing this problem, we'd like to direct you towards our Customer Support team and have them guide you through this. We apologize for the delay in assisting you with this.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013