Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My employer gave me a GST370 form, and they just filled out Section C with an amount for variable car allowance. Do I have to fill out the upper section to claim?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My employer gave me a GST370 form, and they just filled out Section C with an amount for variable car allowance. Do I have to fill out the upper section to claim?

Use the "Employment Expenses" screens in Turbo Tax. Your choices are Motor Vehicle, Other and Office in Home. You will need to select "Other" and make sure that the answer to "Do you qualify for a GST/HST rebate is checked as YES". Then complete all of the options that apply to you. Including MV and Home Office if available expenses. The software will correctly calculate the GST/HAST rebate for you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Use the "Employment Expenses" screens in Turbo Tax. Your choices are Motor Vehicle, Other and Office in Home. You will need to select "Other" and make sure that the answer to "Do you qualify for a GST/HST rebate is checked as YES". Then complete all of the options that apply to you. Including MV and Home Office if available expenses. The software will correctly calculate the GST/HAST rebate for you.