Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I was filling my 2023 return, I checked yes with direct deposit, but found out I need to get a cheque. Will CRA mail me a cheque? If not, how do I change it?

Hi, I have filed my 2023 tax return with TurboTax. I checked yes with direct deposit in process, and found out I don't live in Canada anymore, so I need to get a cheque from Canada. If I leave it as it is, will CRA check my documents and send me a cheque to my current address? If not, how do I change it?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I was filling my 2023 return, I checked yes with direct deposit, but found out I need to get a cheque. Will CRA mail me a cheque? If not, how do I change it?

If the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is unable to deposit in your bank account, they will mail a refund cheque to the address on your return. If you need help with your Direct Deposit application 

please call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is unable to deposit in your bank account, they will mail a refund cheque to the address on your return. If you need help with your Direct Deposit application 

please call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.