Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmlc

Where do I claim a signing bonus that I repaid? My employer gave me a letter and told me to claim the repayment amount on my T1, but not where to put it.

The letter say "as part of taxation requirement for disqualified income for employment conditions not met, the gross amount you repaid of $5000 can be claimed as a reduction in income from your T1" but doesn't say where to claim it.
1 Reply

Where do I claim a signing bonus that I repaid? My employer gave me a letter and told me to claim the repayment amount on my T1, but not where to put it.

1. Find (magnifying glass) in the top right-hand corner. Type "emp" in the box, then select "Employment Expenses" from the list, and click “Go”.
  2. On the "Employment Expenses" page, click the “Yes” button. Select “T2200”, then click “Continue”.
  3. On the "Employment Expense Profile" page, select “Other Employment Expenses”. Answer “No” to the question “Are you eligible to claim the GST/HST rebate?
  4. On the "Employment Expense Profile" page, enter your salary/wage repayment in the box labeled “Other expenses” (the 9th box on the page). Click “Continue” to save your changes.