Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhegarty

Why am i getting a fix error when i clicked no for the dependant claim

6 Replies

If you entered amounts to make a dependant credit claim and then later changed your answer to No, TurboTax may not have completely removed those entries from your return.

Try navigating back to the Dependant credit section and completely clearing any amounts you entered that you've decided you don't want to claim.

dhegarty

I never answered yes in the first place because i am married. So when i go back it says no but when i go through the review it still says fix

I though you were describing an issue with entries for credits related to minor dependants. What exactly does the error you're getting say?
dhegarty

It tells me to fix the dependent because i am married but when i go back to that section i already have it clicked as no. So there is nothing to fix.

What exactly does the message say?
dhegarty

It was taking to long to get an answer so i went and bought the Ufile software and had no problems answering the questions exactly the same. My taxes have been filed already. I will definitely not buy Turbo Tax again i had issues with it last year also. Just as i do with Quicken. I see a trend.