Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My spouse and I are jointly filing. On the "File" tab, Turbotax instructs me to submit to the CRA under my name or my spouses name. I chose my name. Did both get sent?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My spouse and I are jointly filing. On the "File" tab, Turbotax instructs me to submit to the CRA under my name or my spouses name. I chose my name. Did both get sent?

You can't file jointly in Canada, only prepare jointly. I do wish Turbotax would make that clear!
Everyone must file individually, so you must transmit each person's tax form to CRA and receive separate 6 - digit confirmation codes from NetFile. It is not an either/or situation, both returns must be transmitted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can't file jointly in Canada, only prepare jointly. I do wish Turbotax would make that clear!
Everyone must file individually, so you must transmit each person's tax form to CRA and receive separate 6 - digit confirmation codes from NetFile. It is not an either/or situation, both returns must be transmitted.