Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your program gave me an audit alert as my medical expenses as entered were or 3% of my income. Do I remove any expenses reported over the 3% and save the rest?

Can my spouse claim part of the expenses?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your program gave me an audit alert as my medical expenses as entered were or 3% of my income. Do I remove any expenses reported over the 3% and save the rest?

The audit warning is just an alert that you've entered something in your return that the CRA typically takes a second look at. There's no need to adjust your return; just double check that you have all your supporting documentation in order in the event that CRA asks to see it later.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The audit warning is just an alert that you've entered something in your return that the CRA typically takes a second look at. There's no need to adjust your return; just double check that you have all your supporting documentation in order in the event that CRA asks to see it later.