Note: The amount from the Climate Action Incentive is included in the 2018 and 2019 tax refund section at the top-left of TurboTax; it was added automatically when you started your return.
The Climate Action Incentive applies to Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick for tax years 2018 and 2019.
- Select Find in the upper-right area.
- In the Find window, type "Provincial".
- Select Provincial tax credit profile from the list of results, then select Go.
- On the Your Provincial Profile for 20xx step, select the checkbox for NEW! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit for residents of [province].
- Select the Continue button until you reach the Climate Action Incentive step.
- On the Climate Action Incentive step, choose the option that best matches your situation, then select Continue.
- On the Let's see if you qualify for Climate Action Incentive step, answer the questions, then select Continue.
- On the Good news! You qualify for the Climate Action Incentive step, answer the question(s), then select Continue.
The Congratulations! You're eligible to receive a tax benefit this year step appears, confirming you successfully claimed the Climate Action Incentive. It also shows the amount you received for the Climate Action Incentive.