Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Trailing Commissions on Mutual Funds tax deductible? If so where do I enter the amounts?

On the Charges and Compensation reports issued from Mutual Fund Companies and their agents, there are Transaction charges, operating charges, deferred sales charges and trailing commissions listed on our funds  Annual Performance Reports.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are Trailing Commissions on Mutual Funds tax deductible? If so where do I enter the amounts?

Trailing Commissions are not deductible as they are withheld from the income generated by your investment before it is reported to you or conversely subtracted from your principal on redemption and will reduce your Capital Gain or increase a Capital Loss.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Trailing Commissions are not deductible as they are withheld from the income generated by your investment before it is reported to you or conversely subtracted from your principal on redemption and will reduce your Capital Gain or increase a Capital Loss.