Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pet943065

Can I claim Quebec income tax from the moment I arrived in British-Columbia? If so Where and how?

I was transferred within the same company but they forgot to cancel my Quebec income tax deduction.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim Quebec income tax from the moment I arrived in British-Columbia? If so Where and how?

You are limited to the credits offered by the province where you reside now. Credits from your former province of residence are no longer available to you.

You can only file one provincial tax return per year based on your place of residence for December 31st. On the plus side your tax liability may be lower in the new province.

Under the "Setting Up" area of Turbo Tax, select "Profile" and make sure to indicate in the section "did you work" that you have the Releve 1 for QC. Then Turbo Tax will let you enter the information for both slips, T4 & R1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You are limited to the credits offered by the province where you reside now. Credits from your former province of residence are no longer available to you.

You can only file one provincial tax return per year based on your place of residence for December 31st. On the plus side your tax liability may be lower in the new province.

Under the "Setting Up" area of Turbo Tax, select "Profile" and make sure to indicate in the section "did you work" that you have the Releve 1 for QC. Then Turbo Tax will let you enter the information for both slips, T4 & R1.