Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2urbo

Child care receipts vs Releve 24

I'm at Deduction & Credits > Child care profile > Child care receipts (Child care receipt summary:(

It says:This list summarizes your child care receipts. Click on a slip to review or edit it. You'll enter your relevé 24 slips on the next screen. 

I only have Releve 24 and no any other receipt. Should I still enter the amount from my Releve 24 box C to following question: What was the amount paid in child care receipt section? + Once I finish with the receipt I have Releve 24 to enter on the next screen. So if i'm not mistaken I have to enter TWICE the same amout of Box C from Releve 24.

Please this is really confusing.

I have also notice that when deleting the receipt will also remove the information from Releve 24 if Child care receipts and Releve 24 section were completed.

I have attached the step by step, please see "Child care receipts vs Releve 24.jpg" for more information.

3 Replies

If you have a Relevé 24, you enter it.  

In"Forms" view - bottom left side of the page, you will see a "Tslips" icon, click on it - then go to "Quebec slips" - then "Releve 24", enter in your amounts there.

To get back to "Easy Step" View click at the top left of the screen the 4th white icon "EasyStep"

Absolutely re-enter what is in box C of your relvee 24 in the tax receipts.  I'm guessing this part of TurboTax was built before you can import R-24's which means that when it was developed, you could not get to the R-24 without first putting the child care receipts.  It's the only reasonable explanation as why the program simply does not transcribe it for you.

Warning, this may cause duplication of R-24's though.  Be sure to delete the duplicate forms.

Hello.  I do not see anywhere to enter Releve 24 information.  I did a search for this using the Find button but this releve was not in the list.  Also, I did not see anywhere how to get to "Forms" view.