Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heykk2015

Child Tax Benefit

2015 total family income is roughly 117K, which includes my full-time income (80K) and husband's two jobs of about 17K each for the year + 1K for EI due unemployement + $720 for UCCB.  

We have two children, ages 13 & 9 and residing in Canada.  We have filed our taxes as "married" for the first time since a long-term separation.  We got back together midway through the year.

After completing tax return it shows us a refund of about 1K, but no child tax benefit.  Based on government's website calculations, as well as Liberal's plan we are supposed to be getting roughly $350/month in child tax benefit based on our income of about 117K.  

Why doesn't Turbotax show this? It has always showed Child Tax amounts after tax return is completed prior to it being sent to CRA.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Child Tax Benefit

At the moment the Canada Child Benefit is still proposed legislation and not official.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tklme

Child Tax Benefit

I have just completed my tax return on Turbo tax and the amount for CCTB calculations is signifacantly less that what CRA's calculation for my annual income is. Why is Turbo tax calculating so much less?

Child Tax Benefit

At the moment the Canada Child Benefit is still proposed legislation and not official.
heykk2015

Child Tax Benefit

Thank you!  Does it mean we don't qualify for Child Tax at this point?  Wouldn't we qualify for UCCB of $60 per child per month anyway (it is given to all regardless of income).

Child Tax Benefit

Until if and when the new system is ratified then yes the UCCB is in place...this is not income based.  Of course there is every possibility the new program will become law...but we won't use that calculation until if and when that happens.