Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming repaid income

I repaid a maternity leave top up (gross, including taxes) to a previous employer because I didn't return to my role after mat leave. They provided me with a letter as backup and I believe that I am to claim this amount on line 22900 of my return but there are 3 options (GST, HST and exempt) and I'm not sure which is correct. Can anyone assist?

For reference, the top up was paid in 2019 and was reflected on my T4. The repayment took place in 2020.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Claiming repaid income

You will enter this information on your 2020 tax return (next year) because the repayment was made in 2020.

This entry is found under the "Income" tab - "Employment Status" - "Wage loss replacement plan" which will then calculate to line 22900. See screenshot below:

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Claiming repaid income

You will enter this information on your 2020 tax return (next year) because the repayment was made in 2020.

This entry is found under the "Income" tab - "Employment Status" - "Wage loss replacement plan" which will then calculate to line 22900. See screenshot below:

Claiming repaid income

Thanks so much! Actually I meant I received the top up in 2018 and repaid it in 2019 but I'll follow the instructions you noted. Sincerely appreciate the support. 

Claiming repaid income

You are most welcome!