Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pingsenthil
Returning Member

Disability amount transfer from a dependent

Both myself and my spouse are support persons for our 2 disabled children and we all live together. As per the DTC issued by CRA, I'm listed as the supporting person who will make the disability claim for our 1st child and my spouse as the person making the claim for our 2nd child. Can I transfer the disability amount for my 2nd child to myself although my spouse was listed as the person who will be making the claim in the disability tax credit certificate issued by CRA? Turbo tax automatically assigns me as the person who can transfer the disability amount for both our children since I'm the higher earning member and I'm not able to change it. And hence this question. Or should I get a new DTC from CRA re-designating me as the 'Person who can claim on behalf of the dependent' for my 2nd child? And I understand only 1 person can make the claim

1 Reply
Barr1

Disability amount transfer from a dependent

To transfer the Disability Tax credit to me, my daughters income must be below x. I have seen x defined differently in 2 guides, what is correct ??