Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has it happened to anyone that turbo tax claims the dependant as disabled???? This child I have is not disabled and I didn't check anything off to say so

1 Reply

Has it happened to anyone that turbo tax claims the dependant as disabled???? This child I have is not disabled and I didn't check anything off to say so

Let's do the steps to review and correct this situation:

1. Go to the Menu on the left side of the screen and click Dependants ➡️Additional Dependant Information 
  2. Review the information about your child and click Continue.

If you want to check if the information is no more available you can do a double check:

1. Go to 🔎 Find and type "Claims for Dependants" and click Go 

2. Answer the question: "Would you like to review or claim any of these credits?" Yes and click Continue
  3. Click enter credit info next to the name of your child
  4. In the page with the question: Which credits do you want to claim or edit? Click Disability amount transfer and Click Continue
  5.  In the page Disability Transfer you will see the following message:  You have not indicated that Lua qualifies for the disability tax credit. If you missed this step, please go back to Additional Dependant Information under Deductions and answer the relevant questions for Lua.

If needed, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.