Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usuri

How do I attach receipts for medical expenses?

I have one receipt that I would like to attach as back for the dollar amount of medical expenses I am claiming. How do I attach this invoice?
1 Reply

How do I attach receipts for medical expenses?

You cannot attach documents to TurboTax returns. If you need to send something with your return, you will need to print and mail your return. However, you can also choose to put in the information given in documents directly to the TurboTax return.

Please Note: Receipts are required to claim these costs and should be attached to your tax return if you file a paper copy by mail. If you file electronically, save all your receipts together in case the CRA requests these at a later date.

Please follow the steps below to attach your Medical Receipt:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax and click on the "Find" button in the top right corner.
  2. Enter "Medical Expenses Profile" and press Go. "Your medical profile for 2021" will appear.
  3. On the page check the boxes which are appropriate. If you doing a 2021 return, please check box Medical Receipts - 2021 and click continue.
  4. Under medical expenses click on "Enter new Medical Expenses"
  5. It gives two options to put in your medical expense, click on +Add medical Receipt. 
  6. Enter accurate information in the fields and press done. (or you can click add more if you have more than one receipts)

For more information please refer to our TurboTax Link: What Qualifies As Medical Expenses When Filing Taxes?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.