Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiebert82
Returning Member

How do I edit the seniors economic recovery credit for manitoba?

I ended up calling the help line and screen shared with the agent. We went through the entire return and couldn’t find it in the easy step process. She said since the boxes were ticked but the next boxes asking if I did or didn’t receive the credit weren’t ticked and the amount was for $0 that is shouldn’t cause an issue. The program still allowed me to Netfile but I think the refund will be delayed. 

conradp1-
Returning Member

Yes this is a problem in both the on line and desktop/CD versions.

I would think that if your return was submitted with an error such as claiming an item that you were not entitled, CRA would simply continue with the review of the return and correct it accordingly without much delay.

Time will tell. Will be glad when this is all done again for another year!

Shiebert82
Returning Member

I hope for the same but I had an error last year that I couldn’t fix and it caused a 6 week delay in my husbands refund. Fingers crossed that it’s a quick fix this time around. 

conradp1-
Returning Member

Yes, Amen to that.

Good luck.

b_woo
Returning Member

Yes, something is messed up. I checked in Forms view on MB479 (Manitoba Credits). TurboTax had checked the the boxes for both me and my spouse on my MB479, claiming the seniors economic recovery credit even though neither of us is old enough. I un-checked both boxes on the form but now my wife gets a warning, even though she isn't claiming the personal tax credit - she doesn't have a form MB479 included with her return. But when I opened an MB479 on her side, both boxes were checked and when I try to un-check them it takes me to my MB479. Guess I'll have actually phone Intuit as well.

Shiebert82
Returning Member

I phoned them and did a whole walk through with the agent and we couldn’t find it anywhere. I shared my screen with her and she couldn’t figure out what was going on. She told me to file and that it shouldn’t delay the return. But it’s delayed the return, I’m hoping it’s not for too long. 

conradp1-
Returning Member

I was able to solve my on line version problem myself. Inuit told me to hold off sending in my taxes until they got back to me but never did to date. There is definitely a bug in their software that needs to be fixed.

If you are sending in your tax through the mail you can always include a note about the problem. CRA takes about 6-8 weeks to process the mailed in taxes and only 2 weeks if it was Netfiled

I agree this sort of problem is both frustrating and time consuming.

conradp1-
Returning Member

The agent I spoke to an agent that did the same thing on my computer. I was on the phone for close to an hour without being able to solve the problem. Fortunately I was able to retrace my steps in the program to correct the error.

Very frustrating and time consuming.

b_woo
Returning Member

TurboTax just downloaded an update for "bug fixes" and it looks like the problem may be fixed. The warning is gone from the Review section. I'll have to check my forms later and see.

conradp1-
Returning Member

Great.

Hope it works for you after all your trouble.