Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klkelly

How do I enter my medical expenses? For example... chiropractor and physio. I only see "Other" from the dropdown menu. Also, do I enter the name of the practitioner or the clinic?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I enter my medical expenses? For example... chiropractor and physio. I only see "Other" from the dropdown menu. Also, do I enter the name of the practitioner or the clinic?

Hi

You can enter the expenses noted under other.  I would use the name of the practice, if CRA ever asks for the receipts that is what they will see first.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi

You can enter the expenses noted under other.  I would use the name of the practice, if CRA ever asks for the receipts that is what they will see first.

trynittee

Although I appreciate your answer, I find this incredibly poor design on Turbo Tax's part.  I have been filing tax returns for decades.  "Other" is so incredibly vague.  If I were using the Downloadable version, I would enter "Acupuncture", "Physiotherapy", "Counselling", etc.  At least this gives the CRA an idea of what medical expenses are being claimed.  "Other" is completely vague.  I feel this lack of clarity will set people up to be audited - especially if they have high medical expenses.
I have completed my taxes with the Online version, but due to this feature that I cannot override, I am looking to either find a PC (as I own a Mac) and redo my taxes with the Downloadable version.  Or switch to a different tax software product.  How is "Other" a label option?  It might as well say "Anything" or "Random" or "Whatever". ?!?!?!!  This is the Canada Revenue Agency.  This is a tax filing submission.  It seems that there is no due diligence being applied with this option.