Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Param1

How to claim health insurance premiums shown on RL-1 as a medical expense in Quebec ?

I am retired in Quebec and my ex employer pays premiums for a private health insurance plan.  This benefit shows up as income on a RL-1 and is taxable. I am told I can  deduct the premiums paid as a medical expense.  I have entered  the amount shown in all the boxes (including box J) on my RL-1 in turbo tax.  Do I also need to add this separately as a medical expense? Or will turbo tax automatically make this a medical expense for my Quebec return ? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to claim health insurance premiums shown on RL-1 as a medical expense in Quebec ?

Thank you for your question.

When you entered your information on your releve 1 slip, this amount was reflect on your Quebec medical worksheet.

You will be able to open the QMED form, and see it on page 2.

Have a good day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tcotie

By entering the corresponding T4A box 135 the medical expenses for Federal are doubled by TT?

Thank you for your question.

When you entered your information on your releve 1 slip, this amount was reflect on your Quebec medical worksheet.

You will be able to open the QMED form, and see it on page 2.

Have a good day.

hi,
I can't seem to find the QMEd form anywhere.
So to confirm, do I need to enter the box J releve 1 as a sepearate medical expense?