Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I entered a medical sheet on the wrong spouse and it will not let me delete it

That is it. I put the medical expense claim on the wrong spouse and now it will not allow me to delete it
1 Reply

I entered a medical sheet on the wrong spouse and it will not let me delete it

If you're using TurboTax Online:

·  Open the Deductions menu and select Medical Expenses Profile. You can also use Find to search for “Medical Expenses Profile”

· Click the Continue button.

· On the Medical Expense Summary page, you can Edit or Delete any expenses you have already put in.

If you're using the CD/Download edition of TurboTax:

· Open the Deductions & Credits menu and click on Medical Expenses Profile, then on Medical Expenses Summary.

· On the Medical Expense Summary page, you can Edit or Delete any expenses you have already put in.

In addition, If  you're unable to delete the medical sheet for the wrong spouse in TurboTax, you can try the following steps:
  1. Go to the section where you entered the medical information for the wrong spouse.
  2. Click on the "Help" button in the top-right corner of the screen.
  3. In the search bar, type in "medical information for the wrong spouse." and hit enter.
  4. TurboTax will provide a list of help topics related to your search query. Look for a topic that addresses your issue.
  5. Follow the instructions provided in the help topic to delete the medical sheet for the wrong spouse.

For more information, please see our TurboTax FAQ.   How do I enter my medical expenses?

If you're still having trouble deleting the medical sheet, you can contact TurboTax customer support for assistance.

Contact us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!