Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an error message for maximizing charitable donations. I'm trying to have my wife's donations included on my return. Donation amount is $145 and i can't get past this point.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have an error message for maximizing charitable donations. I'm trying to have my wife's donations included on my return. Donation amount is $145 and i can't get past this point.

Hello,

When using TurboTax Premier, put a checkmark to "I made charitable donations" and then select the type of donation that you made.  You will then be able to enter the amounts of your donations when you get to the deductions section of your income tax return

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hello,

When using TurboTax Premier, put a checkmark to "I made charitable donations" and then select the type of donation that you made.  You will then be able to enter the amounts of your donations when you get to the deductions section of your income tax return